Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Still a one man wolfpack.

Ok so, aside from the distracting and strange personal photograph (yes, I AM wearing Zack Galifianakis on my chest, and yes I AM also wearing retractable aviators that come with a special leather carrying case. be jealous. or laugh. whatever). But that is neither here nor there. The purpose of this post is to let myself know that I am still me. And I do exist outside of my baby. I mean, she does rock in an inconceivable way. However, I am still pretty cool as well. Or that is what I tell myself.

I thought it might be worth looking at some of the things that used to make me, well, me - pre baby days. Wanted to see if I still have the same interests and hobbies, and if I can figure out what new likes I am in to I can make some fun for myself (for myself...not fun OF myself...I do that enough already).

I still like:
-being lazy and watching random tv series on netflix with my man friend.
-cooking
-being crafty
-talking to dead people
-pretending to be organized
-pretending to be healthy (it helps form the habit people!)
-decorating and redecorating anything I can get my hands on. Which makes the prospect of us buying a whole new house for me to make our own super exciting.


I no longer like:
-getting hammered at smokey bars. I may try this one out a time or two more just to make sure though!
-people who want to waste my time. My time is a hot commodity these days with the baby being around. Dealing with drama is no longer my forte.
-people who say they are my friends but in essence are not. Facebook is the death of the true meaning of friendship.
-with that last line in mind...I am starting to not like Facebook.
-worrying about my image. Just because I don't like it doesn't mean I don't do it though. But really, I am coming to terms with what real women are supposed to look like. I am allowed to have a big ass, and I am allowed to be the color I was born to be (and that's NOT the orange glow created by a fake tan or a real tan that will lead me to a path of skin melanoma).

I'm not really sure that this helped me much, but maybe it will in some way sometime soon. Until next time just remember - I am still a one man wolfpack.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still a lame blogger...or a lazy one, whichever.
    Facebook is kinda my ...um enemy this week in particular, maybe we should take a FB vacation?
    Embrace the butt and whiteness, it works for ya.
    I thought I was drama free too, i mean damn i'm 40 and my child is away at college, but alas I seem to be drawing that shit lately.

    ReplyDelete