Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Don't drink the water.


I noticed this morning (well, I counted this morning) and there are 22 other ladies that I graduated with that are pregnant. Whoa. Some of them on their 2nd, and 3rd child (at the age of 23 and 24?! are you on crack?!)
-That doesn't include the handful of relatives of mine that are about to have/just had a bundle of joy too. Not their first either-like 2nd child, 4th child, hell even 5th child. Granted, I am the last of the grandchildren to be having a baby of my own - but I came into the family really freakin late!

My social circle, and family circle, will soon be full of little runts. I hope that mine can stand out from the crowd!

I guess the good thing about this is during practices, school functions, etc... I will know plenty of the moms! Bad side? I didn't really hang out with them in high school, so now instead of a commonality being "I dated your boyfriend/we wore the same prom dress" it will now be "I once dated your husband, oh, and we both pushed a person out of our uterus." Still not really grounds for best buddy status. I am just sooo glad that Mr. Jones was no where near my high school at any point, so some of the above statements won't be my case.

I am also hoping that the baby will grow to be huge like it's daddy, so that when the children of the asshats from high school give my kiddo trouble they can just mow them over and go about their day.

I will admit that I am actually friends with a few preggo ladies right now, A FEW.


2 comments:

  1. Yeah. I don't get into the whole, "Our kids are playing together so let's go out for coffee and be besties!!!!" Blech. And you're kid will stand out. Boy or girl, he/she is going to be tall and red-headed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is true, and according to many other people - it will be sporting a red beard as soon as it is born! Yipes! I guess I can equip the little dear with flannel, overalls, and an axe...No one will f*ck with it!

    ReplyDelete