Wednesday, August 11, 2010

You want to do what?

I think one thing that I will never fully understand is why people plan their "dream wedding" in the summer (and outside)? Now, if anyone ever reads this please understand - I reside in GA, and it is currently reading 101 degrees on my car thermometer. We have had some 50 odd days of 90 degrees and over...in a row. No rest for the weary here.

The dream wedding. Are people sick enough to have fantasy dreams about miserable guests sitting under an unforgiving sun while they strain to hear your I do's? Meanwhile the wedding party is attempting at all costs not to pass out from heat exhaustion and ruin your bouquets? And the fellas...in tuxedos! Black tuxedos layer upon layer of clothes. That is probably where the phrase "Sweating your balls off" came from - some poor schmuck who was in a summer wedding.

A wedding is a wedding is a wedding - so of course it is a beautiful thing. It just baffles me that people still do that here in the deep south during the summer.

*I will be in a wedding this weekend, which is why I am even thinking about all of this right now. Of course I may be a bit bitter because I am 4 months pregnant and the thought of trying to zip that bridesmaids dress up has me a bit antsy.*


2 comments:

  1. Wow. I can't imagine. Get married outside, in Georgia, from October to May. After that? Stay in. I completely agree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha i'm one of those complete dumbasses...outside in ga in august, yup i'm stoopid

    ReplyDelete