I wanted to post about one of my favorite upcycled projects. I am in love with my post card art, and I use all recycled/second hand materials to make them. I have made a few over the years and here is how you can to:
Business reply mailer/postcard
Stamp of your choice
Printed card stock for a matting background
Frame for finished product
Here is a pic of my material spread before I got started and made a mess of it all:
1) Take postcard and tape of outer edges (I went about an 1'' all the way around the card).
2) Paint a thin layer of acrylic paint inside taped edges.
3) Allow to dry, and very carefully remove tape.
4) Stamp over acrylic paint with embossing ink. --- I didn't take any pictures of the embossing process because it is messy, and I was too busy melting my fingers off to operate the camera!
5) Sprinkle embossing powder/ remove excess powder.
6) Heat with an embossing tool gun. Please don't try to use a hairdryer, you will not get the same effect.
7) Mount card to card stock matting.
8) and frame!
9) ta da!
If you are like a few of my friends and you wish to skip through to step 9 and have one delivered to your doorstep just go to my etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/JunkDrunkJones and buy one! They would make an excellent gift. I use all recycled and donated materials for every item I make.