Thursday, March 6, 2014

Adeline Decides - Recap #Three

So far so good with our little experiment. We are one month down, five (or more) to go.  I am realizing this recap that I should have taken more pictures. Ah well.

The vegetables I mentioned she selected from our Farm to Fork CSA program were delicious. She did well:
She ate half of that broccoli the first day. Let's just say that the resulting sounds and smells that venture produced she got from her father...

She decided this week it was prime time to start doing her own makeup, she was channeling her inner Frida Kahlo and only used my black eyeshadow to create this look:


She selected her outfit for preschool picture day:
She looks thrilled right? Pffffffftt.

My dad decided to teach her the art of being still and taking a nap:

She decided to call shenanigans and just moments later:

Adeline - 1                My dad - 0

On the topic of naps, we sort of let her decide to no longer take naps. NO MORE NAPS?! I would have laughed straight in my own face if I heard that this would be a consequence of my little experiment less than one month into the project. It was painful for me at first because I am a routine, overly organzied, go by the schedule, complete freakazoid. We transitioned from full on naps to "quiet time" in her room because she was too occupied to fall asleep, to not even trying to go there and fight with her to rest. There have been a few slip ups where she has dozed off against her wishes to stay awake, and a few car naps but that is about it these days.

BUT guess what? Bedtime is an absolute dream now. She falls asleep instantly. No more hopping up, water requests, extra stories, multiple fruitless bathroom trips, lost stuffed animal retrievals, *and enter here any and all other wacky requests we've heard her come up with to prolong bedtime. She also sleeps in later in the mornings, giving me time to get some stuff done around the house.
I would have happily traded nap time in a long time ago if I had known.

I didn't have any life decisions to make this week. She did get to select a few outfits and my hairstyle the other day though. She decided to select a hair band, and pigtails for me. Done and done:


If you want to know more about our little Adeline Decides project/get caught up on what we are doing for the next 5 months you can see all of the goodies here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment