Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hug an Orphan day.


The title may be a little misleading - It should say "Happy 40th Birthday Mechelle!" For my big sister.

Alas, when I was younger (try like 3, 4, 5 years old) I had a grand time telling everyone that Mechelle was an orphan. Who knows if I even knew what the hell an orphan was, but I am sure someone put me up to saying it once (surely I wouldn't have come up with it on my own!) And I just kept on. For a while I made sure that everyone I knew, knew that Mechelle was an orphan.

Mechelle and I are 16 years apart, so we didn't have the usual fights that most siblings have while growing up. And? other than her possibly (more than likely) holding me down and farting on my head - we didn't have much to quarrel about.

So raise your glasses and send some well wishes to my sister on her 40th year of life on this planet. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment