Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Metric System

Brett was at Publix the other day and snapped this shot:

Which got me thinking, which can never be a good thing. 

I reallllllyyyyy want to know why America felt the need to stray from the pack (and by pack I mean the rest of the universe) and change things as simple as this date of the year situation, and oh you know, the metric system?

I understand people came to this "great nation" to start anew. Some were quite adamant about doing things differently. But things like the metric system - isn't that just a little far fetched? I am sure everyone got the point that everyone had strayed from the pack when they came over here and started killing off all of the natives. Yea yea, you lost your minds, and you aren't coming back. Got it. Below I have illustrated a sample checklist for the early pioneers.  

Check list: (or would it be Cheque list?):
-Arrive to the Americas safely.
-Start killing everything that isn't nailed down.
-Wonder how to feed everyone because the only one's that had any knowledge of the land are all now dead.
-Realize you should have asked questions first, killed later.
-Listen to stomachs growl.
-Try not to die of starvation.
-Try not to die of disease.
-Hope there is an engineer or really smart guy left, and develop entire new system of measurement. F*ck the man and his metric system. 
-Start writing the month, date, and year entirely backwards.

For some reason those last two bullet points on the checklist are jiving with the other, perhaps more pressing matters on the list. 

At any rate, I understand my timeline and sequence of events is a little skewed, so if you are an engineer, historian, or a smarty pants leave your comments to yourself. I am trying to be humorous. 





In other news, I made my very first ever meme. I am unsure why I thought I needed to do the PG version and type va jay jay. If a child has access to viewing this meme and even understands the context of it, as in, has watched and followed the Game of Thrones I think that not typing the word "vagina" is the least of my worries. That show is uh, intense to say the least. 

No comments:

Post a Comment