Wednesday, September 12, 2012

School Buses, and Pizza Reports.

Yesterday was weird. I really can't think of another way to describe it.

I woke up with a cold, so maybe my mind was a bit vacant with the cold meds. Work was work - though the paranormal group is really keeping me on my toes these days. Taking on Case Manager at a time that is busier than we have seen in 4+ years was not one of my better plans. If this second cell phone I have to carry rings one more time and I have to hear about a "demonic possession"  "or enter any other totally bat shit crazy description here" I myself will go bat shit crazy. People have got to stop watching movies and watching tv. As an investigator who gets paid $0 I sure have to weed through a lot of shit to get to do what I like to do, which is help people who could actually use our services and not the services of a mental health professional.

Anyways, I digress. I get home and right around the end of nap time (2:00-2:30ish) I am in my daughter's room. Her room faces the street. I hear the school bus, which is a normal noise for that time frame so I ignore. I do notice that it is sounding rather close today, and it isn't driving away. For good measure I peek out her window. I see the bus parked near my front yard, and a woman standing close to my driveway. I think nothing of this at first glance, but then it occurs to me I don't see any children outside with her so it isn't a mom walking her kid home, the only kids around are still on the bus. I look again, and I see that the woman has a school employee lanyard/badge on. I look down and see that she is holding something, so I squint a little. It then occurs to me that the woman is holding MY MAILBOX. I also see at that point that the post, or what used to be the post is now also completely jacked up, it also occurs to me that all of this is so because SHE RAN IT ALL OVER WITH THE SCHOOL BUS. I watch for a few seconds as she looks at post then box, post then box. It is then I decide to round up the baby and go outside to pull a Stewie and say "hey, whatcha doin?". By the time I get downstairs with her, fend off our 3 dogs so they don't bolt out the door, and walk around our sidewalk I notice something rather startling. The school bus with the questionable driver? It is gone. Gone, gone, gone. I can't even hear where it is anymore. So Adeline and I stare at our sad little mailbox, mail all askew inside like a hamster on crack packed the contents for us. We take a few minutes to retrieve the mail from the new custom ground box and go inside to call Brett. I am still in a daze because it is kinda funny and well, this shit doesn't happen often (knock on wood). Brett calls the school transportation department, they exchange a call or two throughout the afternoon, resulting in the person he really needs to speak to not calling him back.

Then we have to file a police report, because apparently mailboxes are like, federal property or some shit. And you can't be takin your big fancy school bus a runnin them over all willy nilly and leaving the scene before the confused as shit person who owns it comes out to confront you about it. Not kosher. So, as Adeline says the "pizza" men, in the fancy "pizza" car come to file a report. Sidenote - mailboxes are no joke for the wallet, some $200+ for our mail receptacle and post. I may be in the wrong business.

I will say that by this morning the school transportation department was getting started on getting our replacement mailbox. Fingers crossed they work quickly. I am pretty sure the United States Postal Service won't deliver my mail to the ground in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment