Monday, March 22, 2010

Travelling Pants

So I was trying to find the best way to write about the SPECTACULAR trip to Ireland. I think I will spend the next few posts writing about some of the crazy stuff from our trip, accompanied by some photographs of course... I actually kept a journal during our "holiday" because I knew my internet access would be extremely limited.

Travel day- (Sort of day 1)

Dear Hartsfield Airport,

My IQ is dropping... rapidly. Please encourage Continental Airlines to administer some sort of simple exam to new/potential employees. My mutt Agadore Spartacus has better grammar, and has a wider vocabulary than 90% of the employees we have encountered since we arrived in Atlanta. Agadore would also pass your obviously non existent drug test as well.
KThxBai
Mrs.Jones


---We finally get to the lovely Newark NJ, have an ungodly layover and then get on the plane. The oh so fun  male flight attendant made an announcement  - the announcement:
"Gina Pouch...Pooch? You have a package to claim, Gina Pouch."
um, do you mean like vaGINA POUCH?!?!? I believe sir, that you have been punked. Naturally vaGINA Pouch did not claim her package. hahaha

---We land in Shannon, and exchange our money (cried inside at the exchange rate) and got to the Hertz kiosk to rent our car. The guy gave us the option for the "Full Coverage" Insurance which we wanted to deny. We either had a choice to take it for an extra 10euro per day, or they would hold $1,200 on our card until we returned. Die in a fire Hertz. Die in a fire. We took the full and walked out to our parking space:
Brett: What parking space # are we?
Me: 22
Brett: You have got to be shitting me. IT'S F*CKING PINK. THEY GAVE US A PINK CAR!
--I could barely finish carrying my bags I was laughing so hard. Notice I was still cracking up even after I got in the Barbie car.




We then realize we have no directions to where we are going. They are back in GA. Joy. Luckily the Douche at Hertz gave us a life size map of the entire country to use. Entertainment ensued. We get out on the main road and are super confident we got this shit down. Where do we end up? BACK AT THE AIRPORT. Son of a bitch.

We get back on the main road to try this again, and we did fine. We took the long way to where we were going, but we made it. It's a christmas miracle everyone! We did encounter one traffic jam in Limerick, which was caused by 4 horses that got loose. Ha.

We pretty much crashed once we made it to our townhouse in Kenmare. Woke up in time for beer and dinner and that was it. We survived Day 1 (barely!)

2 comments:

  1. My favorite parts about the Barbie car? 1) It clashes with Brett's hair and 2) Brett is bigger than said car.

    Awesome. Sauce. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is true! When he was putting the spare on he basically just picked it up with out the toothbrush sized car jack they gave us. Asshats.

    ReplyDelete