Monday, February 8, 2010

Dr.Seuss to my rescue


Today I want to talk about Dr. Seuss.
Theodor Suess Geisel was an amazing, creative, genius.

During our honeymoon in St. Augustine FL Brett and I got to visit the "Imaginarium" - which was the first ever Dr. Seuss art gallery to open. It was fantastic and I can't wait to own an original.

I have never really done much research on Dr. Seuss, but I came across some awesome tidbits today, and some of his work from his early days in advertising. The picture I posted is from a gallery of some of his ads.

I was reading some quotes and a few stuck out to me. I have been on an anti friend campaign as of late, as my niece says "friends should now come equipped with the knives they will eventually stab you in the back with" I couldn't agree more!
So when I read some of these Dr. Seuss quotes I had to post them,

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!"

Now, if only people would take heed and stop irritating me!

And this next one is very specific, I wish some certain someones would read it carefully and know that they are who they are because they have made themselves that way. You control your own moral character. Duh!

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. You are the guy who'll decide where to go."

Alas, they will never get it, and because of this the next quote will belong to them,
"I'm afraid sometimes
you'll play lonely games too,
games you can't win
because you'll play against you."

That sums up a lot of how I am feeling these days (On the friend front). Home life is going swimmingly. Settling into the homestead has been a breeze.

p.s. - Another fun "Seuss" fact about me and Mr. Jones: Brett proposed after we had gone to a late showing of Horton Hears a Who!
We followed that with a trip to IHOP for whocakes & green eggs and ham (they had a Seuss inspired menu in honor of the new movie)



No comments:

Post a Comment